Blog posts tagged with 'jam'
-Thursday, December 5, 2013
- 2 kg quinces;
- 1.5 kg sugar;
- Rinse, quarter and core the quinces, (do not peel!);
- Cut each quarter into thin slices;
- Put the slices in a large, wide, thick-bottomed saucepan, add the sugar and place on low heat;
- When sugar is melted and liquid begin to boil remove from the heat and let it cool down. Keep the saucepan covered with a tea towel;
- Put the saucepan on the low heat again and once it begin to boil remove from the heat. Let it cool;
- Repeat the step 5 for another 4-5 times, until your jam is thick and quince's slices become translucent;
- Put 5 or 6 1-pint canning jars and their lids into dishwasher, choose the "sanitize" cycle;
- When jars are clean, put them on the table and fill with hot, almost boiling jam. Cover with the lids;
- You can keep the jars with the jam refrigerated for the next 3-4 months but I can guarantee it will disappear way before this time!